Well, we’re done. Time to wrap it up and go home. Wait, this is only episode 11? But we’re on Essential number ten. Probably the most essential of the essentials because without it we’re not going anywhere. Yup, that’s right. Won’t get far on an empty tank. So for this episode Dan Grec and I discuss planning, budgeting, and transporting fuel.
There are a not of misconceptions about fuel out there. How much should you carry? How do you carry it? When do you use it? Speaking from real world first hand experience Dan and I share our insights into how you calculate fuel mileage, when to carry extra fuel, and when not to carry extra fuel. This is, of course, just our opinions. However we hope you’ll be better informed on your next adventure and more importantly a little safer.
Links to Fuel Your Next Adventure
- Dan’s social media: Books | Instagram | YouTube | Patreon
- The Road Chose Me Video: 5 Essentials I don’t Have
- The Road Chose Me Video: GAS or DIESEL – What’s BETTER to DRIVE AROUND THE WORLD OVERLAND?
- The Road Chose Me Video: Fuel Range, Filtration & RUNNING OUT OF GAS while driving AROUND THE WORLD!
- ECOA Article: Large Capacity Fuel Tank: the GenRight Off Road Safari Tank
- ECOA Article: Planning your next journey – It pays to do a little research before you go overlanding
- ECOA Article: Trip Planning and Research – Revisited